Tuesday 27 March 2018

CAS Colours & Sketches #265 - Sketch

Hey!

Can you believe March is nearly over? This year is flying by! Our hostess this month over at CAS Colours & Sketches has been Fiona and we've enjoyed wonderful inspiring challenges. This weeks sketch HERE is no exception.




This week started off nice, with some lovely Spring sunshine. It reminded me of a sentiment in the recently released Spring Botanicals Daffodil clear stamp set. So I decided to focus my card using the sketch around the sentiment...




The pennant feature in the sketch reminded me of a currently retired Uniko clear stamp set called Wonderful Washi. You can view the set and cards HERE on Pinterest. The set was launched when Washi tape was a huge trend. I decided to dust off one of the stamps, masked my layer and stamped it using my MISTI.




The Daffodil flower head is one that I have had stamped and watercolored for some time and all it required was fussy cutting! 

Super simple and short and sweet from me today, but I hope I have inspired you to join in on the challenge?! If you need a little more inspiration, pop on over HERE to see what the CC&S Design Team have created.

Thanks for stopping by!
Hugs

7 comments:

  1. This card is so pretty, Beverley! I love black and white and the yellow flower really pops against it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Lovely card, makes me long for spring even more.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the way that bight yellow daffodil contrasts with the black and white of your card. That polka dot flag banner is eye catching!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sweet card, Bev! I love the daffodil image - great choice pairing with the sentiment!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very pretty card! I love how the yellow pops and makes your lovely daffodil stand out.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your sunny yellow daffodil is perfect for springtime! :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! Love this beautiful flower with the quote, Bev!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated