Thursday 21 January 2016

CAS Colours & Sketches #157

Hey!

Welcome back to another fun week & challenge over at CAS Colours & Sketches. This week Patricia our hostess has inspired us with another fun colour challenge HERE and seen below.




At first I found this colour combo to be a little tricky, mainly the Soft Suede. If it had been a green, no problem, but a brown I had to put my thinking cap on ;)

Anyhow, this is what I came up with...




I reached for the recently released & popular I LOVE Coffee set, as the brown was perfect for the cup and sentiment. I added a Rose Red heart duo to the cup and a strip of So Saffron CS to the bottom of my white CS layer. 




After adhering the coffee cup to the card with foam adhesive, I decided the hearts (from Flower Power #3) needed a little sparkle. So I added some Wink Of Stella, which made the ink run and a lighter shade of Rose Red in-between the hearts happened! 

I've made another card HERE over on the Uniko website blog too using this weeks Stamp Of The Week - Flower Power #2. I'd love you to pop on over and have a look :)

Anyway, be sure to check out all the FABulous CC&S Design Team inspiration HERE and join in on the fun too. Hope to see you in the gallery :)

Thanks for stopping by.




7 comments:

  1. That is a tricky colour combination, but I think you dealt with it absolutely perfectly! Love the coffee cup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Adorable card! I love the way you used the colors with the yellow as an accent strip at the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Every time I see a card with a coffee image I want to get that stamp! This is perfect for the challenge colours.
    Louise xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is such a classy and elegant CAS card, I love it! The border of So Saffron brings it to life. Caro x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Soft suede is just perfect for your coffee stamp and I love the complete CASness of this card.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Perfectly CAS! The yellow border and the heart add just the right little pops of color. :)

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm glad that I'm not the only one having issues with the soft suede. I made at least two cards this week trying these colours and they absolutely refused to have the soft suede on them! I love your card, it's so CAS, it's beautiful. Liz x

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated