Thursday 5 December 2013

Countdown to Christmas Day 5

Hey!

Is it really day 5? Oh my Christmas Day is only 20 sleeps away & I still have quite a bit to do AND there is SO much excitement just around the corner here at Uniko Studio too with the December Release - Sneak Peeks begin on Saturday! 

Anyway, yesterday I said I had a little something different to share with you and here it is...




What do you think of my little Christmas tree decoration? Below is a close up of the sparkly snowflake detail...




I love sewing and making stuff but I don't always have the time or patience to make them! But, as it's the Countdown to Christmas and it incorporated snowflakes I made time and TBH I throughly enjoyed myself! I'm thinking of making a couple more of these in different colour combos and giving them as little gifts to some special friends. 

They are super simple to make too. I started out with 100% wool felt (Papertrey Ink) in Aqua Mist and I die cut 2 hearts using the Sizzix Framelits Heart collection (the second largest). I then die cut a Vintage Cream medium Uniko Studio Designer Die Snowflake. I used 100% wool felt as I tried using the cheap felt I had in my stash but the snowflake simply fell to pieces as it was too flimsy.

I then placed the snowflake on the top heart and used some simple hand stitching using embroidery floss to secure the snowflake in place. I added some Swarovski beads to add some sparkle along the way too. Once the snowflake was in place I secured the hanging ribbon and then used a blanket stitch to sew the hearts together. As I neared the end of my sewing I padded the heart out with some toy stuffing. 

That's all from me today, I hope that you have enjoyed todays inspiration?! I will be back tomorrow with more to share, until then thank you for stopping by today :)

Supplies
Accessories: Uniko Studio Designer Dies Snowflakes, Sizzix Framelit Hearts Dies, PTI Aqua Mist & Vintage Cream Felt, Embroidery Floss & Swarovski Beads.

16 comments:

  1. I love this,Bev!! Beautiful decoration for the tree! Love the Aqua felt and the pretty snowflake!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooooo i love those Bev!!

    Do you think you could make 6 but in grey and white within the next week....as they would look perfect on my chrimbo tree ;)

    You're alright hun i am only kidding...i do love them though and i still think the would look perfect on my tree :)
    hugs and xxx
    Gemma

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful Bev - and a treasure to keep and bring out every year.

    ReplyDelete
  4. You wonder if we enjoyed today's inspiration? Only YES, YES and YES! Your ornament is stunning; gifts that will be well-received and treasured by your friends! The sparkle in the snowflake - perfect special touch! Hugs ~ c

    ReplyDelete
  5. totally gorgeous Bev, love it ♥

    ReplyDelete
  6. Absolutely fabulous! I love this sweet ornament - might even have a go myself!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is just beautiful. The felt looks fabulous and I love that snowflake die.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I know someone who would love some of these! I think I might take some of them away with me to make whilst hiding from snowstorms in the alps this winter :-)

    Sally

    ReplyDelete
  9. Stunningly gorgeous Bev!! Love this so much!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Stunning, Bev ... lovely folky look and fabulous sparkle from those crystals! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Ooooh, Bev... isn't this adorable!!! What a darling Christmas ornament...love the pretty snowflake on the aqua heart and your hand stitching looks fabulous!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. How lovely is this, and such a beautiful gift. I used to do lots of sewing but nothing for years, I may just have to change that! x

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is absolutely gorgeous. I'd love to make some of these Bev.

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated