Tuesday 26 March 2013

Not All Black & White

Hey!

I'm back today with a couple more cards to share that I made on Saturday at The Paperlane during the demo...




Yep, it's negative die cutting AGAIN with the soon to be released Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies! This time I used some muted DP behind the butterflies and was trying out some NEW Cosmic Shimmer EP on the celebrate sentiment...




This EP is pretty awesome & is super for picking up fine details. So I then went on to make this card...




I already had the 2 butterflies die cut from the card above & so stamped the coordinating butterfly with VersaMark ink and embossed them with the Cosmic Shimmer EP. I then stamped the black card base with one of the larger doilies from Decorative Doilies - The Hands Of Time in Fresh Snow ink. I used the same sentiment from FONTiments - Birthday as in the first card above but stamped it onto some Hibiscus Burst CS for that 'POP' of colour. The butterflies are adhered to the card using foam adhesive to add dimension...




I love how the embossing powder really shows off the flower detail on the butterflies wing! I treated myself to some NEW Cosmic Shimmer Silver Glitter whilst in the shop & I can't wait to try it out on a project or two. 

I'm still resting up today but hope to get back in the studio this afternoon! Thanks for stopping by & for the comments you leave me. They are truly appreciated & make my day :)


Supplies
Card Stock: Black (Available @ The Paperlane), PTI Hibiscus Burst
Ink: VersaMark & VersaFine Onyx Black
Stamps: Uniko Studio FONTimtnes - Birthday, Decorative Doilies - The Hands Of Time, BRIGHT Butterflies
Accessories - Uniko Studio Designer Dies BRIGHT Butterflies (Available April 11th 2013), Cosmic Shimmer EP (NEW in @ The Paperlane), Alla Prima Designer Paper & Foam Adhesive.

3 comments:

  1. Oh lovely!!! I really like them both. Great work!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great demo day Bev! Cant wait for the next one on the 13th April! hugs Caz x

    ReplyDelete
  3. firsts Butterflays.. awesome!))
    good job!))

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated