Friday 9 March 2012

Paper Mix

TGI Friday! 

Let the weekend begin! Well, it hasn't quite started yet as I have a day of work ahead but it's a good feeling! 

Today I thought I'd share a card where I have used some yummy designer papers from October Afternoons 'Fly a Kite' collection as the main focus of the card but have used some Uniko Studio stamps with them for good measure! It shows how versatile these stamp designs really are!




For this card I chose 3 papers to use for my flower. I stamped & embossed each of the different sized flowers with detailed white EP, cut them out, layered them and secured them together with a brad. I then chose another paper from the collection to use as a mat layer and layered this with some Kraft CS. 

I adhered this mat layer panel to the card base & then die cut a banner & stamped the sentiment using Memento Desert Sand ink. I stamped this in a light shade as I want it to be seen but not take the focus off the flower which is adhered using foam pads. Once the card was assembled I used my corner chomped to round off the base card corners to tie in with the curves of the flower.



Using the designer papers has given the Uniko Studio stamps a whole new dimension and has opened up a world of possibilities! I have decided I must use my papers more & not hoard them so much!!

I best get myself organised for my demo day tomorrow, I don't want to be leaving something vital behind! I'd love to see you if you live near The Stamp Attic!

Thanks for stopping by today!

5 comments:

  1. Another beautiful card! Enjoy your stamp demo...hope you have lots of interest.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks Sue :) I'll be tweeting as they day goes on, but will share photos on the blog too!

      Delete
  2. Really love this. Gorgeous work.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful mix of colors on your layered flower!

    ReplyDelete

Lovely Comments Appreciated